Reminder: Please wear tennis shoes for safety and comfort!!

Students in 5th-8th grade will start class off with dynamic stretching for the first 5 minutes of class every day. The older grades are starting this year off with ultimate passing and soccer. I will try to have the majority of class time outside while the weather allows it. With the K-4th grade classes, we will begin with basic skills such as kicking, dribbling, catching, and throwing. We also will work on motor patterns such as running, skipping, galloping, hopping, jumping, sliding, and leaping.

Five basic P.E. rules for all classes to follow:

  • Tennis shoes must be worn and tied at every P.E class
  • Bring your best attitude and work ethic to class
  • Listen to and follow directions.
  • Practice good sportsmanship
  • No pop, gum, or candy allowed in the gym during class, BUT water bottles are allowed and encouraged

Grading

Grades 5-8 will be graded each class on a scale of 0-10, 10 being the best and 0 meaning that the student was asked to leave the class. Participation, sportsmanship, effort, and behavior are all figured into this score, which is 80% of the quarter grade. The remaining 20% comes from written work over rules of the game, positions, etc. Grades K-4 are graded on a satisfactory scale. 6th-8th grade only have P.E once a week, K-5th will have class twice a week.

The 2020-21 school year will be my first year teaching at St. John's school.

Please feel free to contact me at any time through This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

- - Mr. Travis Ohnoutka