The sports program at St. John's is organized, operated and funded by the St. John's Jet Athletic Club. Opportunities to participate in basketball and track are provided for boys in grades 7 through 8. Opportunities to participate in volleyball, basketball and track are provided for girls in grades 7 through 8. St. John's School athletic program is maintained in order to teach students sportsmanship, skills, and competition. The program is organized by the Athletic Director under the supervision of the Principal. Volunteer coaches are utilized for all sports. St John's School is part of the Lincoln Catholic Schools Athletic Conference. This league is organized and supervised by a select committee made up of Pastors, Principals, and Coaches. Rules and regulations governing athletic programs are developed by this committee. All member schools are responsible for adhering to the conference rules. The Jet's Athletic Club is organized to assist the Athletic Director with the games, concessions, and other activities pertaining to the Athletic program. Active participation by parents of athletes is required. All students are encouraged to participate in available athletic programs. However, a student may participate only so long as he/she is able to maintain satisfactory classroom grades and the display of appropriate behavior in school. Athletic team participation is an earned privilege and not a right.
Keeping the sports teams running at St. John's is a team effort which involves players, coaches, Jets Club members, and parents. If you have an interest in serving as a member of the Jets Athletics club to help plan the athletic events and fundraising for the school, we would welcome your attendance.
The following sports are offered at St John's. Please click on the sport for information and complete game schedules.
|Fall Sport Grades 7-8||Cross Country||Girls Volleyball|
|Winter Sport Grades 7-8||Boys Basketball||Girls Basketball|
|Spring Sport Grades 7-8||Girls Track||Girls Track|
|Spring Sport Grades 6-8||Boys Trap (PXHS)||Girls Trap (PXHS)|
Student-athletes must have a 70% or above average in all subject areas. Any student-athlete who violates a behavior contract will be ineligible. On Fridays, student-athletes will be evaluated using academic and discipline policies stated above. Any student-athlete not meeting the academic and/or discipline requirements will be ineligible for the next week’s game(s). Any student-athlete who is ineligible 2 weeks in a row may be suspended from the team for the remainder of the season. Student-athletes and their parents will be notified of their ineligibility by mail and/or phone call. Student-athletes must be in school by 11:00 a.m. in order to participate in games that evening. Transportation to and from games and practice is the responsibility of the parents.
Gym Rules For Sporting Events
- Players, coaches, spectators, and officials are expected to act in a Christian manner at all times.
- Once you have entered the gym, you may not leave and re-enter, unless you have special permission.
- All spectators must sit in the bleachers and watch the games. There should be no "running around" in the gym or outside the school.
- All non-players are to stay off the court at all times.
- Stay in the bleachers or down in the gym.
- Use the restrooms in the gym - NOT by the Social Hall.
- Use the east (near) stairway to get to the bleachers. The west (far) stairway is used for emergencies only.
- Students must be supervised by a parent or designated adult at all times.
- Arrange for rides to be here immediately after the game!
- Follow all rules or you may be asked to leave the gym site. A second offense of any type may result in suspension from any further games for the remainder of the year.