What is the Home and School Association?
The Home and School Association (HSA) is an organization much like a PTA. Its purpose is to promote better communication and cooperation between St. John’s school and parents. The HSA also supports the school financially with money earned through a few very successful fundraisers.
There are five general meetings throughout the year. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings to contribute your ideas and to keep up-to-date on school happenings. Every St. John’s School family is a member of the Home and School Association. Annual membership dues are included in each year’s tuition.
What does the HSA Do?
The Home and School helps to plan and organize school events throughout the year:
- New Family Tour
- Welcome Back to School Picnic
- Open House
- Halloween, Christmas and Valentine Classroom Parties
- 1st Communion, Confirmation and 8th Grade Graduation Receptions
- Show our wonderful teachers appreciation for all they do!
2020-2021 HSA Officers
|Co-Presidents||Charlene Bragg & Kelley Porter|
|Faith & Family||Stephanie Werner|
|Teacher Representative||Mrs. Jamie Bunger|
|Volunteer Coordinators||Jamie Egr
- POGO Cards
- Prayer Walk
How have Home and School Funds helped the School?
Examples of items that Home and School funds have helped to purchase in the past:
- Library Tables and Chairs
- Classroom Desks and Chairs
- Playground Equipment
- Playground "Slab"
- Security Cameras
- DVD/VCR Players
- Classroom Blinds
- Christmas Luncheon for Teachers & Staff
- Living room furniture for new Rectory
- Gym Renovations
- Classroom Renovations